I’m sure many of you recognize the above image as my submission to the Monochrome Madness challenge last week. Now that I have Google’s Nik collection I decided to rework this photo to try and get the results I was initially aiming for when processing the file in LR.
This is the photo I ended up coming up with when processing it with Silver Efex Pro 2.
Very subtle differences but I think it makes it look much better. I really like how much more I can do with that software for my monochrome photos without needing to learn how to achieve the same results in LR.
Here is the color version I achieved with Color Efex Pro 4. I was also inspired by Cybele’s work for the color version with the somewhat softer look to it than I normally do with photos but I think it works very well with this photo.
And as always, you can click on the photos to view the high definition versions.